Longlands Primary School
Longlands Community Primary School is based within the town of Market Drayton, Shropshire with approximately 190 pupils. Our school caters for children from 4-11 years old. It is organised into a Reception Class (4-5yrs), Key Stage One (Year One and Two), Key Stage Two (Years Three, Four, Five and Six.)
Children are happy at our school. They enjoy the stimulating curriculum, our exciting after school activities and its caring and nurturing feel. We ensure our pupils reach their full potential in the key skills of reading, writing and maths by spending every morning focusing on these vital areas.
These skills are then utilised and further developed in other subjects across our creative curriculum. During the afternoon we cover all other areas of National Curriculum through a programme of study called The International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The IPC has been designed to ensure rigorous learning but also to help teachers make all learning exciting, active and meaningful for children. Learning with the IPC takes a global approach; helping children to connect their learning to where they are living now as well as looking at the learning from the perspective of other people in other countries.
We work very hard to ensure learning for each child is of the highest quality and teaching is tailored to the childʼs needs.
We want all children to;
• be happy, secure, self-confident and develop positive attitudes to learning
• develop independence and be involved in their own assessment and management of learning
• be proud of their achievement and wish to fulfil their potential
• work successfully at their own level of ability
• develop high expectations of themselves
• work productively in conjunction with others.
We will support this by;
• setting high expectations of behaviour, commitment and motivation
• valuing childrenʼs work and achievements
• stimulating curiosity
• ensuring our teaching and support is good
• focusing on groups of children when they need support or extension.
We have a high expectation that our children will behave well, respect others and give their best. Childrenʼs achievements in learning and behaviour are celebrated at our weekly Praise Assembly.
Longlands Primary School provides our pupils with the skills they need to become independent, responsible learners, ready to face the future with confidence.
We hope you will join us at Longlands Community Primary School and become part of our friendly school community. If you need any further information about the school, don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit or informal meeting.